jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

Aimee Mullins, athlete, actress and fashion model

Aimee Mullins is an American athlete, actress, and fashion model best known for her collegiate-level athletic accomplishments, despite a medical condition that resulted in the amputation of both of her legs (source: Wikipedia). Aimee has become a L'Oreal ambassador in 2012.

In this talk created for Ads Worth Spreading, she explains why L'Oreal's "Because you're worth it" slogan has always had great meaning for her.

Self-study activity:
Watch the Ad and fill in the blanks in the transcript with the missing words.



Hi, I'm Aimee Mullins. I'm the new (1) ... ambassador for L'Oreal Paris.
Things that I'm celebrated for (2) ... it's from sports or you know, fashion, having been, (3) ..., even because of, what I've learned and have experienced as a woman living with two prosthetic legs.
We don't need to (4) ...  to someone else's idea of what beauty is. Decide for yourself and invent the version of yourself that you want to see on that day.
And for me, it's like it's in a very literal way, could be changing my (5) ... . Changing the kinds of legs I wear actually changes the way I feel. The slogan of "Because you're worth it." had a (6) ... that connected women to something bigger than themselves.
For me anyway, it provoked something totally unexpected, which was giving myself the (7) ... on the back. Being my own (8) ... I'd say, "Yes, you are enough!"
When I filmed my first commercial, it was a great experience. For a lot of it, it was just, I was actually taking my voice down to a (9) ... . We wanted to create this mood of intimacy, you know, like I was (10) ... something. For me "Because I'm worth it.", it's an incredibly personal thing. There were different emotions that were provoked, realizing like wow, that actually was hard to say that time. That actually almost made me cry or well, that was interesting. There was some kind of (11) ... that came out when you said it at that time. What happened there, that it can mean something very personal is I think what makes this tagline and the (12) ... for L'Oreal Paris so iconic.

Key:
1 brand 2 whether 3 in spite of 4 fit in 5 height 6 resonance 7 pat 8 cheerleader 9 whisper 10 revealing 11 defiance 12 signature