- Do you think it should be obligatory for parents to vaccinate their children?
- Is it ever right to switch off the life support of a patient in a vegetative state? Why? Why not?
- Should hospitals be allowed to presume consent for organ donation unless objection has been registered?
- Should smoking be made illegal everywhere, including inside people’s homes, in cars and outside?
- Should smokers pay the full cost of their medical treatment?
- What are the arguments for and against free healthcare for everyone?
- Will imposing a sugar tax help curb obesity?
- Should marijuana be a medical option?
- Do you think alternative medicine (acupuncture, acupressure, chiropractic, homeopathy, hypnosis, hypnotheraphy, herbalism, osteopathy, reflexology) is fraud?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering (designer babies, cloning human beings)?
Rank these medical advances from the most important (1) to the least important (9). Give reasons.
- Completion of the sequencing of the human genome project
- Stem cell research which may lead to cure diseases and repair damaged tissues
- Targeted cancer therapies to interfere with the spread of cancer
- Laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive surgery)
- HPV vaccine to protect against cervical cancer and genital warts
- HIV cocktails
- Face transplants
- Bionic limbs