Before getting together with the members of your conversation group, go over the questions below so that you can deal with vocabulary problems beforehand and ideas flow more easily when you get together with your friends.
- Do you have a driving licence?
- When did you take the test?
- Do you like driving? Why (not)?
- How often do you drive?
- What do you "do" while driving?
- What car have you got now?
- How is it different from the cars you've had before?
- What do you hate most about other drivers?
- Have you ever been involved in or witnessed an accident?
- Do you ever commit traffic infractions?
- Have you ever texted or talked on the phone while driving?
- Have you ever been given a ticket?
- Do you think drinking and driving is a general problem? And for teenagers?
- Do you know anyone who was injured or killed in a drunken driving accident?
- Why do you think teenagers who are involved in accidents are more likely to have been drinking than other age groups?
- What is your own policy about drinking and driving for you and your friends?
- A number of expert boards are recommending that the allowable blood alcohol limits for drivers should be reduced. Do you think authorities should get stricter with drunken driving?
Photo: Associação Brasileira de Medicina de Tráfego