- In how many languages can you have a basic conversation in (to order a meal or to greet people)?
- What languages do you have a good grasp of?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of learning a language using these methods?
being immersed in the language/culture
studying grammar and vocabulary
attending a language school
keeping in touch with people who speak the language through social media and new technology
- Do you know any other ways of learning a foreign language?
- Which ones have you personally tried?
- Which one has really worked for you?
- How often do you hear foreign languages where you live?
- How important do you think memory is to learn a foreign language?
- What do you want to be able to do with English?
- How far away from that objective are you at the moment?
- Do you ever review what you have learnt?
- How often do you watch or read things in English?
- How often do you communicate with native speakers?
- Do you keep a small notebook to note down and revise new expressions?
- Are you subscribed to any podcasts that you listen to while you are doing housework or travelling or waiting?
- What are you doing to learn English at the moment?
- Are you having any problems with English at the moment?
- Do you enjoy learning English?