domingo, 22 de enero de 2012

Paris Jackson on the Ellen DeGeneres show

Self-study activity:
Watch this short clip where Ellen DeGeneres interviews Paris Jackson, Michael Jackson's daughter, and complete the gaps in the transcript with the missing words.



How are you enjoying school?
I love it, it’s it’s definitely a different experience.
Hum Hum are people there – do they (1) ... you differently? Or do they, do you feel like you have a regular (2) ...?
I do have a regular (2) ..., I mean I’m (3) ... the same, when I came to Buckley, they didn’t know who I was: Yes. I have a (4) ... to be normal.
Hum Hum
So
And they didn’t know who you were because you used to wear (5) ... .
(5) ... .
All the time – and when you wear the (5) ... do you remember thinking – cause you obviously, your dad did that to protect you so nobody would know who you are and you can go out and have a regular life. But do you remember wearing a (5) ... , going this is kind of (6) ...?
Ya, I’m like – this is stupid, why am I wearing a (5) ...?
Right
But ya, I kind of realized the older I got, he only tried to protect us and he explained that to us too.
The most (7) ... thing your dad said to you was?
He said, if I (8) ... tomorrow always remember what I told you. And I took his advice and I remembered everything he told me.
That’s amazing that he would say that to you. Yup, so you remember everything.

Key:
1 treat 2 childhood 3 treated 4 chance 5 masks 6 weird 7 memorable 8 died