- What are the five senses?
- What memories/sensations do you associate to specific senses? V.g. The sheets feeling really cold or rough (touch); the smell of meat in my butcher neighbours' house.
- Which sense do you think is most important to you in your everyday life?
- Which sense would you be able to cope best without?
- Which sense brings the best memories to you?
- Have you ever lost the use of one of your senses temporarily?
- Do you know anyone who has one sense especially well-developed?
- Do you know people without a sense, either totally (someone who’s deaf) or partially (someone who’s colour-blind)?
- Do you remember any famous films or books where one of the senses plays an important part?
- Do some people have a sixth sense? If so, how does it manifest itself?
- Does 'female intuition' really exist? If so, how does it manifest itself?
- Do you have a good 'sense of direction'? And a good 'common sense'? And a 'sense of humour?' And a 'sense of ridicule'? Can you think of any more senses?
miércoles, 17 de diciembre de 2014
Talking point: The senses
Today's talking point is the senses. Before getting together with the members of your conversation group, go over the questions below, so that ideas can flow more easily when you meet up with your friends and you can work out vocabulary issues beforehand.