viernes, 5 de junio de 2015

One woman discovers the wage gap

In many places and in many jobs, women don't make as much money as men, even if they're doing the same job.



Thank you.
Wait. $1,273 after taxes.
Wait. You make $1,273?
Yeah. What do you make?
78% of that? But that's so weird because we have the same job. That's not fair. Unless...
One woman discovers the wage gap.
Can you give this folder to Mark?
Sure.
Thank you.
Hey, can you give this folder to Mark?
Oh, Mark's right there.
I know. Thanks for doing all of the job that you are paid to do.
Hey, Mark.
Hey, Elsa. Can you give me those reports we talked about?
Oh, yeah. I can get you roughly four out of five of the report.
Why not all five?
You tell me.
So, before we adjourn, does anyone have anything to add?
Oh, I've actually noticed that in the most recent research, the most important thing that we can do...
Elsa, you didn't finish your sentence.
Oh, I know. You did most of it though, so...
Elsa, are you available for a conference call at 2?
Sure. How long do you think it will take?
Only about an hour.
Great.
Okay. Really need you on this one.
You got it.
2:47, time for a snack.
Elsa, I feel like you're not giving this job a 100%
You're right. I'm giving it about 78%, and it's already 4:45, so I'm on overtime. Wouldn't want to cost you any extra money.
Okay, but I need you to come in this weekend.
That is a good one, Mike. I'll see you.
Can you believe and I only make 78%?
I don't even make that!
We need to fix this.