sábado, 23 de enero de 2016

Nature is speaking

Conservation International, a charity which “empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature, our global biodiversity and the well-being of humanity”, has developed a number of very high-quality videos in the series Nature Is Speaking to make us aware of the importance of nature and the way its destruction means our destruction.

The videos are narrated by well-known personalities who include Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Liam Neeson, Harrison Ford and Kevin Spacey among others.

Here’s the video Mother Nature, narrated by Julia Roberts. But drop by Nature Is Speaking to watch the full collection of videos in the series.



Some call me nature.
Others call me “Mother Nature.”
I’ve been here for over 4.5 billion years.
22,500 times longer than you.
I don’t really need people.
But people need me.
Yes, your future depends on me.
When I thrive, you thrive.
When I falter, you falter. Or worse.
But I’ve been here for eons.
I have fed species greater than you.
And I have starved species greater than you.
My oceans.
My soil.
My flowing streams.
My forests.
They all can take you.
Or leave you.
How you choose to live each day,
whether you regard or disregard me,
doesn’t really matter to me.
One way.
Or the other.
Your actions will determine your fate.
Not mine.
I am nature.
I will go on.
I am prepared to evolve.
Are you?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario