domingo, 9 de enero de 2011

Award Winning Commercial

Self-study activity:
Watch this funny ad and complete the gaps in the script with the missing information.



-Honey…
-Hmm…
-Honey…
-Why, what’s (1) ___?
-Honey, I can’t sleep.
-What’s the (2) ___?
-I don’t know, I – I worry we’re drifting.
-Drifting? What, like a (3) ___?
-No, you know, apart. I mean, all we ever talk about anymore is the (4) ___, and work, and the kids…
-I know, that’s just natural, you know? That’s just where we are in our (5) ___, that’s all.
-And you never talk to me (6) ___.
-What do you mean, ‘I never talk to you’? I’m talking to you right now.
-No, I mean like you (7) ____.
-Ohh, what do you mean?
-You know, you never talk to me in that special way like you (7) ____.
-I know, but we were younger then…we were in (8) ___!
-See, that’s what I mean. We’re drifting.
-No, we’re not drifting. Just ‘cause…I don’t talk to you in that special way…I love you. I love you very, very much!

Key:
1. wrong 2. matter 3. boat 4. bills 5. lives 6. anymore 7. used to 8. college