jueves, 13 de enero de 2011

Knocking and pulling

Knocking and pulling is a video version of a track from Touchable Dreams, by Jeremy Harmer and Steve Bingham.

The first adjective that comes to mind when you watch the video is beautiful.

Self-study idea:
Watch the video clip and note down or discuss your feelings after watching the video.
Then complete the gaps in the poem with the missing words.



I knock on the (1) ___ / She pulls me in
I stay not long (2) ___ / She dreams of (3) ____
I knock on the (1) ____ / She lets me in
I stay far too (4) ___ / She turns me out
I knock on the (1) ___
She (5) ___ me in / reluctantly
I walk in far too far / She turns me out
I knock on the (1) ___
Again / And again
She denies me (6) ___ / I stumble in
(7) ___ past her / She turns me out
Again / She turns me out
All this knocking and (8) ___ and turning out
Hey carpenter
(9) ___ me a coffin
A small coffin / of perfumed (10) ___
Our dream just (11) ___

H/T to Jason Renshaw. He offers some other activities with this poem on his blog and also presents a lesson plan for teachers.

Key:
1. door 2. enough 3. love 4. long 5. allows 6. entry 7. push 8. pulling 9. make 10. wood 11. died