This week's talking point is fashion and trends. Before getting together with the members of your conversation group, go over the questions below so that ideas come to mind more easily the day you get together with your friends and you can work out vocabulary problems beforehand.
1. Do people in your country have a reputation for dressing well or badly?
2. Do you think women pay more attention to their appearance than men, or vice versa?
3. Are people generally very fashion-conscious?
4. What is in fashion at the moment for men and women?
5. What are the “current tribes” of young people? What do they wear? Do you like the way they dress?
6. Why are some people obsessed with the way they look?
7. Why is sometimes beauty more valued than intelligence?
8. Do people tend to judge others by the way they dress?
9. Do you think you dress like a typical person from your country? Why (not)?
10. It’s better to buy cheap clothes that don’t last because then you can buy new ones more often. Do you agree?
11. People who follow fashion are usually vain and superficial. Do you agree?
12. It’s very risky to buy clothes online. Do you agree?
Describe these people's appearance: