sábado, 14 de septiembre de 2013

Learn English with photos

In early August, Jeffrey Hill, the person behind The English Blog, started publishing a ten-installment video series for intermediate students with the aim of developing their vocabulary and listening skills.

The videos show pictures he has taken on his trips in the UK and which he comments on while disclosing specific aspects of British culture and lifestyle and letting us peek into his life and personality.

I find it difficult to put into words my reaction at the bulk of high-quality materials Jeffrey offers both English students and teachers through The English Blog. I'll just say that three years ago I stumbled upon The English Blog after reading a brief review about resources on the net in ELT Journal ('an English guy who lives in France') and I thought to myself, that's what I've been looking for for such a long time, and My That's English! started off as a result.

I would also like to point out that being a non-native speaker of English, I always make a point of reading Jeffrey's daily posts on The English Blog to brush up my English. It just takes half an hour but it's a moment of the day I'm always looking forward to.



Episode 2: A Scottish breakfast
Episode 3: The Whiskey Distillery
Episode 4: The Guesthouse
Episode 5: Shop Names
Episode 6: Shops and shopping
Episode 7: Day Out in Glasgow
Episode 8: Dartmoor
Episode 9: Cross-Channel Ferry
Episode 10: At the Seaside

No hay comentarios: