- Have you celebrated anything recently?
- What was it? What did you do?
- What official celebrations and festivals exist in your country?
- What dates are they linked to?
- What types of things happen on these dates?
- Do you know anything about the origin of this celebration?
- Do you think maintaining traditional celebrations or festivals is important?
- Can you think of a festival that is unique to your part of the world?
- In what ways is it unique?
- What types of celebration can you think of in the area of sports?
- Do you think it's good to celebrate victories?
- How do you celebrate sporting victories?
- Can you remember a celebration from the past that was particularly important for you?
- What happened?
miércoles, 26 de febrero de 2014
Talking point: Celebrations and festivals
This week's talking point deals with celebrations and festivals. Before getting together with the members of your conversation group, go over the questions below so that idea flow more easily when you meet up with your partners and you can work out vocabulary problems beforehand.