- Can you cook?
- What's your best dish?
- Who's the best cook you know?
- Who does the cooking in your house?
- What kind of thing do you usually eat?
- Are you a fussy eater, an unadventurous eater or an adventurous eater?
- Do you prefer to eat out at a restaurant or at home when celebrating something?
- When you eat at home on special occasions, what do you like to cook?
- Do you eat much foreign food?
- What's your favourite?
- Are there many specialist shops selling [foreign] food in your city/town?
- What food from your country would you miss if you went to live abroad?
- What's the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What food from your country do foreigners usually find strange?
- Do you watch cooking programmes on TV?
- Why have they become so successful?
- Do you look up to any celebrity chef?
We've got some delicious items to kick-start your morning. And Joe, you're absolutely right. We cannot skip breakfast. We have to eat something to fuel our bodies for the day. First, I wanna illustrate a typical breakfast to show what we might want to avoid. While this is delicious – these eggs, hash browns, bacon and biscuits, it's really high in fat, calories and saturated fat, which can lead to heart disease. A great alternative is a vegetable omelet. You can pick your favorite vegetables. Here, I have mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. Be sure to use egg substitute to cook it in. You can have some sliced strawberries to go with it, and a piece of whole-grain toast.
Another really great breakfast, actually, is cereal. You wanna stay away from the sugary cereals and try to choose whole-grain cereals that have a lot of fiber. You wanna add some low-fat or fat-free skim milk, and top it with some fruit. Another great breakfast item is some cottage cheese. Low-fat or fat-free, with some peaches. You could have a whole-grain bagel with some sugar-free jelly as well.
Lastly, we have some Canadian bacon. For those of you who have to have your bacon in the morning, choose Canadian bacon. It's a lean meat, and you can have it with English muffin, some oatmeal, and some raisins on top.
And there you have some excellent, tasteful, and healthy breakfast items.