sábado, 13 de octubre de 2012

Back to solitude

Back to solitude is a short film by Joschka Laukeninks. It is the story of a relationship backwards.

The idea seems really original to me, the voice-over is appealing and I think the acting and the photography are also excellent, though I'm no expert.

I have tried to find the film without subtitles but I have been unable to, so if you wish to practise your listening skills you will have to scroll down the screen a little bit until the subtitles are covered.

I think Básico 2 students can give the film a try.

Self-study activity:
We can make the most of having the subtitles on the screen to practise our English pronunciation by shadow reading.

After listening to the story and being familiar with it, play the film again and read the subtitles at the same pace as the narrator. Try to imitate the rhythm, the intonation and, of course, the pronunciation of the individual worlds.


'Back to Solitude' (2011) from Joschka Laukeninks on Vimeo.