jueves, 16 de junio de 2016

Twin teens -one black, one white- celebrate their differences

Twins Lucy and Maria Aylmer are twins but most people wouldn't believe it based on their appearance. They have the same mom and dad but Lucy has pale white skin with red hair while Maria has a caramel complexion and thick curly black hair.



These pretty teens are best friends and they're also something else, something that may surprise you.
We’re twins.
Believe it or not, they're twins.
Yeah, we’re twins. We’re twin sisters. With same mom and same dad.
You heard right. They have the same mom and dad. What are the odds that one would be black and one white?
A lot of people are just in shock.
Lucy and Maria Aylmer live in Gloucester, England. Maria has a caramel complexion, brown eyes and thick curly black hair. Lucy has pale white skin with ginger red hair, blue eyes, and freckles. Most people have the same reaction when they hear they are twins.
They say, ‘How did it happen? We don’t believe you.’
So how did it happen? Their mom, Donna, is half black and half white. The twins' dad, Vince, is white. The couple was thrilled when a sonogram revealed they were expecting twins.
I just cried. It was shock.
Mom did a double take when she delivered one black and one white baby.
I’m so glad mom dressed us in such cute little outfits.
Mom dressed her adorable twin daughters in matching outfits, just like twins everywhere, but by age 10, Lucy says she didn’t feel like a twin, so why dress like one?
We don’t look alike. So why should we have to wear the exact same thing.
Maria says she once wished for Lucy’s straight hair.
I used to cry about it. I hate my curly hair.
And Lucy says she was sometimes taunted at school.
They thought I was adopted. They called me a ghost.
Now 18, the twins not only look different. They have very different personalities.
We’re completely different.
Maria loves getting dressed up in chic clothing. She is very outgoing.
I love meeting people. I’m not scared to approach people or anything so...
Whereas I am. I’m terrified of like going up to random strangers.
Lucy prefers casual clothes, but they've come to embrace their uniqueness as black and white twins.
If I have kids one day, they might come out looking like Lucy.