Watch the four-minute video clip and fill in the blanks in sentences 1-15 with the missing information.
1. Chips have to be made with fresh potatoes in order to avoid … .
2. The brushing machine removes the … from the potatoes.
3. After the brushing machine, potatoes go to the … .
4. The peeler can peel … pounds of potatoes per hour.
5. After being peeled, the potatoes are classified by … .
6. The slicer blades can be adjusted to different thicknesses or … .
7. A regular potato gives about … chips.
8. The slices are washed in cold, fresh … for about … .
9. The oil to fry the slices has a temperature of … .
10. The slices are fried for … .
11. After being fried the potatoes receive a shower of … .
12. Chips with defects are detected by an … .
13. The chips are later sprayed with powder seasonings of different … .
14. Finally a machine … and separates the chips to be packaged.
15. The whole process from raw potato to chip takes … .
Remember you can get an approximate transcript of the video clip by activating the closed captions (cc) on the lower part of the YouTube clip. After clicking on cc, click on Transcribir audio and select Aceptar.
1 black spots; 2 dirt; 3 peeler; 4 twelve thousand; 5 size; 6 shape; 7 thirty-six; 8 water - one minute; 9 375ºF; 10 three minutes; 11 salt; 12 camera; 13 flavours; 14 weighs; 15 fifteen minutes