domingo, 19 de diciembre de 2010

My pain is my motivation

Self-study activity:
We have already commented on the fact that lower level students can start getting familiar with authentic English. I think the activity below is suitable for Básico 2 students.

Watch this Michael Jordan ad and complete the gaps in the sentences below with only one word.



Maybe it’s my own (1) _____ .
Maybe I led you to believe it was (2) _____, when it wasn’t.
Maybe I made you think my highlights (3) _____at the free throwline and not in the gym.
Maybe I made you think that each shot I took was a game winner, that my game was (4) _____on flash and not fire.
Maybe it’s my fault that you didn’t see that failure gave me strength, that my (5) _____was my motivation.
Maybe I led you to believe that basketball was a God-given gift, and not something I (6) _____for every single day of my life.
Maybe I (7) _____the game.
Or maybe, you’re just making (8) _____.

Key:
1 fault; 2 easy; 3 started; 4 built; 5 pain; 6 worked; 7 destroyed; 8 excuses