Everybody will love My Vocabulary Size.
My Vocabulary Size is an online tool to measure up the size of your vocabulary. My Vocabulary Size has teamed up with researchers at Victoria University of Wellington to bring English learners a way to measure their word knowledge.
Users can take the tests by using Paul Nation's Vocabulary Size Test. These are the test instructions we must bear in mind before we begin the test:
• There are 140 questions in this test.
• Look at the word and an example of the word in use.
• Choose the meaning that most closely matches the word.
• Try to answer all the questions, even though you are not certain of the answer.
• You can not go back and change your answer.
• You will not be penalised for giving incorrect answers.
A native speaker of English is said to know 20,000 word families, but according to Nation, 8,000-9,000 word families are enough for getting by in reading, and 6,000-7,000 for listening.