Nik explains very clearly how to go about using Knowble. I'm just giving a few guidelines of the process here, but you'd better reading Nik's post for a more detailed explanation.
- Go to knowble and sign up.
- Choose a username and provide the few details you are asked for.
- Click on 'Start knowble'.
- Do the 40-question test to find your level, so that the site offers you texts at your level.
- knowble will give you a choice of texts for you to choose from in five different categories: World, Business, Entertainment, Sport, Science.
- Click on the article of your interest. You can find out the meaning of the highlighted words by double-clicking on them.
- On the right hand side, you can also do a fill-in the blanks exercise in which you have to use some of the highlighted words in the article.