jueves, 10 de febrero de 2011

Portia on self-image

Self-study activity:
Read this extract of an interview with actress Portia de Rossi and complete each gap of the transcript with only one word.



When I look in the mirror now, I still see things that I don't like but the difference is I'm not going to change my (1) _____ or change my (2) _____ in even the smallest way in order to try to fix whatever it is that I don't like when I look in the mirror . I just – I won't (3) ____ to change my body shape and I won't (4) ______ to make my thighs look a little bit (5) ______ . I like how I look; I'm comfortable with how I look. I'm very, very grateful to my body for not (6) _____ me for the way I (7) ______ it. Uhmm...I am lucky that I got through this unscathed... and that I don’t have any lasting (8) ______ because of this disorder. Uhmm, so now, when I look in the mirror, I kind of look from (9) ______ to (10) ______ overall and think “This is exactly who I am, and this is exactly what I’m supposed to look like.” “And I wouldn’t do anything to change that. Not anymore.”



Key:
1 diet 2 life 3 exercise 4 diet 5 thinner 6 punishing 7 punished 8 illness 9 head 10 toe