Watch this short BBC video clip about the reactions in the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust to the film Anonymous, which explores the theory that Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford, wrote the masterpieces attributed to William Shakespeare.
First, watch the news item and try to understand as much as possible.
Now watch the clip again and say whether these statements are true or false.
1) Shakespeare lived in that house before being famous.
2) The campaign the Trust has started is mainly directed to the spectators of Anonymous.
3) Diane, the Trust's Director, implies that people really don't know much about Shakespeare.
4) Shakespeare was tidy as a teenager.
5) Shakespeare had 6 brothers.
6) The boy thought Shakespeare is still alive.
You can read the transcript here.
1T 2T 3T 4F 5F 6T