This is the beginning of a reprinted article from Focus Magazine:
The job interview is considered to be the most critical aspect of every expedition that brings us face-to- face with the future boss. One must prepare for it with the same tenacity and quickness as one does for a fencing tournament or a chess match.
This article has been excerpted from "PARTING COMPANY: How to Survive the Loss of a Job and Find Another Successfully" by William J. Morin and James C. Cabrera. Copyright by Drake Beam Morin, inc. Publised by Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.
These are some of the tough questions which are mentioned in the article.
1. Tell me more about yourself.
2. What do you know about our organisation?
3. Why do you want to work for us?
4. What can you do for us that somebody else can't?
5. What do you find most attractive about this position?
6. Why should we hire you?
7. What do you look for in a job?
8. Please, give me the definition of the position for which you are being interviewed.
The article goes on and on up to 25 questions, together with some advice on how to cope with them. Click on the headline below to find out more.