This is a beautiful slideshow from DDeubel on the English Central blog about the importance of technology of education.
These are David's words in the blog post:
Technology has some good and bad sides – like all things in life. However, for language learning it offers some real power and solutions.
1. It brings context and the real world into the classroom
2. It allows students to repeat and get instant feedback.
3. It helps teachers track and deliver individualized content.
4. It makes the curriculum relevant, today and “hip”.
5. It indirectly teaches students how to use technology that will be vital to their futures.
6. Technology liberates and connects once isolated students and classrooms.
Watch the presentation and think about the ideas that David puts forward while enjoying some beautiful slides.