domingo, 24 de abril de 2011

I love the world

Self-study activity:
This is a Discovery Channel commercial which tries to raise awareness on environmental issues in a light-hearted way... for once!

Complete the gaps in the song with the missing words. The activity is suitable for all-level students.



-It never gets (1) …, huh?
-Nope.
-It kinda makes you wanna...
-Break into (2) …?
-Yep.
-I love the (3) … .
-I love the clear blue (4) … .
-I love big (5) … .
-I love when great whites (6) … .
-I love the whole world…
-…and all its sights and (7) … .
Boom-dee-ah-da, boom-dee-ah-da. Boom-dee-ah-da, boom-dee-ah-da.

-I love the (8) … .
-I love real (9) … things.
-I love to go (10) … .
-I love (11) … kings.
-I love the whole world…
-…and all its craziness.

-I love (12) … !
-I love arachnids.
-I love (13) … magma!
-I love the (14) … squids.
-I love the whole world.
-It's such a brilliant place.

Key:
1 old 2 song 3 mountains 4 skies 5 bridges 6 fly 7 sounds 8 oceans 9 dirty 10 fast 11 Egyptian 12 tornadoes 13 hot 14 giant